Upcoming Events & Announcements
Presented UWANA Activites
- Friday, December 8th @ 6:45pm
- Hogle Zoo, 2600 E. Sunnyside Ave (800 S), SLC
- ↪ Join us for an early evening, and fellowship with a magical stroll through the "fantasy of the light" at the Hogle Zoo.
- ↪ Tickets: $14.95 for Adults, $11.95 for Kids 3-12, and Free for Toddlers 2 and below. Activities will help pay for Children with a $50 budget as needed. Purchase online or at the gate.
- ↪ For more info, contact Jack M @ 480-238-9061
Ugly Sweater & Cookie Decorating Event
Campvention 2024 Fundraiser
2024 United Wasatch Area Service Committee Elections
- Sunday, December 17th @ 5pm
- Salt Lake County Gov. Center, North Bldg.
2001 S. State St, SLC
- Nominations and Elections for the 2024 Area Service Committee is happening at the next Area meeting.
- Positions Open For Election:
- 🗳 Chairperson: 3 Years Cleantime
- 🗳 Vice-Chairperson: 2 Years Cleantime
- 🗳 Treasurer: 3 Years Cleantime
- 🗳 Vice-Treasurer: 2 Years Cleantime
- 🗳 RCM: 3 Years Cleantime
- 🗳 Alternate RCM: 2 Years Cleantime
- 🗳 Secretary: 2 Years Cleantime
- 🗳 *H&I Subcommittee Chair: 1 Year Cleantime
- 🗳 *PR Subcommittee Chair: 1 Year Cleantime
- 🗳 *Outreach Subcommittee Chair: 1 Year Cleantime
- 🗳 *Activites Subcommittee Chair: 1 Year Cleantime
- 🗳 Literature Chair: 2 Years Cleantime
- 🗳 Literature Vice-Chair: 1 Year Cleantime
- View previous meetings' minutes and Area Guidelines for responsibilites and more info on the Members page
- *Subcommittee Chairperson positions (H&I, PR, Outreach, Activites) are typically voted within a subcommittee's meeting and just confirmed at the Area Service Committee (ASC) - if noone is voted in at the subcommittee meeting, the ASC will nominate and elect a chairperson.
- The United Wasatch Area Service Committee serves the UWANA Area, which includes meetings in Salt Lake, [South] Davis, & Tooele Counties.
2024 New Year's Eve Celebration
A Night in All White
- Sunday, December 31st @ 6pm
- St. Mark's Cathedral, 231 E. 100 South, SLC
- $20 Entry (Includes 5 Free Raffle Tickets)
- ↪ No addict turned away due to lack of funds
- ↪ Included Dinner is Catered Chinese Food
- Raffle Grand Prize is Hotel+Registration to NUACNA in 2024
- Get Free Raffle Tickets for bringing your NA items for the Raffle!
- Join us for our annual New Year's Eve Celebration including a Speaker, Dinner, Dancing, Raffle, and a New Year's Countdown.
2024 Campvention 41 Theme & Logo Contest
- January 1st, 2024: Submissions Due!
- Campvention 41 is taking submissions for a theme and logo for next year's regional campout.
- Winner receives free registration!
- Submit your ideas for a chance to win to Campvention41@gmail.com
- Group Support Requests
- ◆ 12 to Life (Tues. 6:30pm, Centerville)
- ◆ Barney's ONLINE (Tues. 7pm, Zoom)
- ◆ Round Table Sharing&Caring (Thu. 6:15pm, WVC)
- ↪ Attendance and homegroup members
- ◆ Clean & Serene (Thu. 7pm, Rise&Grind Coffee-Midvale)
- ↪ Attendance - members with cleantime (multiple treatment centers bussed in)
- ◆ High Noon (Fri. Noon, Coffee Break-SLC)
- ↪ Needs homegroup members
- ◆ Niner ONLINE (Fri. 9pm, Zoom)
- ◆ Redwood Meetings (Mon/Tues/Fri/Sat, Redwood Rec)
- ↪ Attendance and homegroup members
- The Hospitals & Institutions Subcommittee (H&I) needs members willing to facililitate and/or speak at H&I meetings in facilities. If you're interested in helping out come to the next H&I meeting on December 17th. There are signup sheets to receive more information available at most meetings as well.
- The Utah Region Service Committee will be accepting Nominations for the Regional Delegate (RD) and Regional Delegate - Alternate (RDA) at the next Region meeting on 12/9. Interested members will need to bring a Service Resume to be considered by the Areas of the Region for Elections to occur at the February Region meeting.
Region also has two open postions: H&I Chairperson and PI Chariperson which each have just one of their two year commitments left on their terms.
The next Region meeting will be held on Saturday, December 9th @ 2pm in a TBD location in Lakeside Area with a Hybrid Zoom option available at: Zoom Meeting ID: 117 447 546.
More information about the Region can be found on the Utah Region Website and Guidelines and Meeting Minutes can be found on the Utah Region Archive webpage.